Apr 20, 2008

Does anyone else have a child that thinks sleep is for the birds?

Foster is back to his "waking up every hour or more during the night" I don't know how he does it, he can wake up every hour and then play the next morning like he has slept all night. I, on the other hand, look like I've been run over by a train and punched between the eyes.
We have tried everything to help Foster sleep longer through the night. We have tried formula bottles, teething tablets, tylenol, longer and shorter naps during the day and crying it out. Nothing has worked.



Here are some reasons I have come up with as to why Foster doesn't want to sleep:
A. to make sure I am still there
B. spend more time with mommy
C. doesn't want to miss anything
D. ALL OF THE ABOVE

I keep telling myself "This Too Shall Pass" hopefully...

6 comments:

Jenifer said...

Who says that you need sleep? You have been going on NO sleep for the past 8 months, and I think you do great! I think that little man is very smart and he knows exactly what he is doing. Just a little longer and you will be able to sleep during the day...hang in there! Love you.

adie1983 said...

Hi Ashley! I found your blog through Colleen's. A very late congrats from Andrew and I, we didn't even know you had a little one. He is absolutely adorable!

Sam and Mandy said...

I love his hair in that picture! Too cute!

Wade said...

Foster, you should sleep...it's nice to sleep for 12 hours straight and it makes Mommy and Daddy happy. You won't be as grumpy either.

Wade Howard

P.S. Let's go hunting soon. :)

Ingram Gang said...

DO take heart. I think (or rather hope for your sake) that it will pass. Noah still goes in weird sleep phases. I can remember around 9 or 10 months he went on a 'no-sleep' kick. It lasted for a while, but it did pass. Kayt, my sleeper, has slept for 12 hours a night for 5 months and now is waking up at 6 or 6:30...I liked 8 or 9 better. But, like you, I'm hoping it will pass.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,

Boot Camp director Aunt Brando has some advice and feel free to take it or leave it, but it has worked with Jonathan, Julia and EVEN Olivia. Only one nap during the day...just one. Make MeMe lay him down after lunch and that's it, no "mid-morning", no "late afternoon" naps. It will be hard to keep him up for about two weeks all day, but it might be worth it!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Love ya,
Aunt Brando
AKA Drill Sargent :o)