Apr 12, 2008

The Bug

Thursday night we went with Jenifer, Jeremy and Charcey at Applebee's. We thought it would be a great idea to take the kids and go eat $.25 wings. We sat down at our table and enjoyed our conversations, the kids were great. Charcey was drinking her juice and snacking on some Cheetos, Foster was in my lap eating some apples and pears. The kids were happy and so were we.
All of the sudden there was an explosion, Foster didn't handle his apples and pears so well. He was standing in my lap throwing up everywhere; I frantically grab anything and everything I can to catch and clean up the mess. It was coming so fast and furiously that I had used all of the resources around me. I yelled at Kit to grab some more napkins and help me out but he just sat there like a deer in a headlight staring at me and Foster. Thankfully my sister swings into to my rescue and gives me some wipes, napkins, hat and anything else that she could find in the diaper bag.
we managed to get the situation under control (while grossing everyone else out at the restaurant who is trying to enjoy their meal) and I take Foster out to the car to clean him up and calm him down. At this point I think Kit is still unsure of what just happened (poor guy). After a few minutes in the car my sister came out to make sure everything was okay. We made it through the rest of the meal and returned home.
For the next 48 hours the stomach bug stayed with Foster. We were up all night Thursday and Friday night. Foster would not eat or drink anything. I ended up having to syringe pedialite into his mouth every 20 minutes in 2 hour increments. In those 48 hours we went through 12 pairs of clothes and countless burp rags and diapers. Kit and I felt so helpless, it is so hard to see your little one sick. Thankfully our prayers were answered and "the bug" was smashed and killed.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

You poor thing...Cody would have done the same thing. Thankfully he is better. When you are in that situation, you do grab anything and everything to catch it. Little embarrasing. There has been times before when the kids were sick like that at home, I would have towels upon towels out and have no clothes on them.