Jan 14, 2009

Uh Oh Mommy


Foster has truly hit the toddler stage. He is always on the go and does not stay still unless he is sleeping. He says many words now, but most recently his favorite saying is "uh oh mommy" I have come to know that when I hear this there really is an UH OH.

Tuesday mornig while getting ready for work, I heard Foster shuffling around by my night stand. I turned to see what he was doing and before the words "Foster, NO!" could come out of my mouth... my glasses were snapped into two. My first reaction was anger but as I walked over to him he stared at me with those big brown eyes and while blinking inocently he ventured to say "uh oh mommy, uh oh." Of course I couldn't resist that little, sweet voice so I kindly said "please don't play with anything on mommy's nightstand anymore."

Little did I know that letting him off the hook with his new favorite saying was to lead to the next few adventures.

Foster and Charcey dumping out a box of straws all over the kitchen floor at my Mom's house. Did he get in trouble? nope, all he had to say was
"Uh Oh MEME"
In less than 3 seconds he cleared an entire bookshelf all the while yelling "Uh Oh, Uh Oh."
In the car with a container of snacks, from my rearview mirror, I see cheeries flying through the air. I turned and looked at Foster in his seat... you guessed it. "Uh Oh Mommy" (this picture does not do it justice)
After all the uh oh's he finally crashed out on his couch.
Our new lesson for the week is to learn the true meaning of UH OH, that is, things are only an uh oh when it is an accident not an excuse to get away with everything.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

6 comments:

Julia Soler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Soler said...

That is so hilarious! He's already learning how to get by with stuff by being adorable :-) My little Kaelynn is the queen at that also...her favorite saying is "Daddy don't get mad with me." of course she has the sad little face and puts her hands on both his cheeks and gets eye to eye with him, lol, works every time...Isn't it fun being a mommy!

Kristen Howard said...

Adorable! :)

Sam and Mandy said...

Maybe a bit frustrating to you, but its still really cute!

Penny Rodgers said...

So irresistible! I couldn't say NO either, Ashley! He's such a handsome little dude!

Hooker Family said...

Kaden so does this too...but not as much. How funny of Foster! Kaden and Boston (Heather's little boy that is 2 months younger than Kaden) are the same way as Foster and Charcey! They get into EVERYTHING! :) He is getting so big and more handsome everytime I see a new picture!