Jul 7, 2008

Stay Tuned

It has been awhile since I have posted, we have been busy busy. A lot has gone on the past few weeks. Here are a few things things that have happened since I last posted .

First we attended Kit's 10 year reunion (that's right, 10 years!) I remind him that he is getting old and I am still young. During that weekend we got to meet Wade Howard, he is a cuttie for sure. We went and visitied them so the boys could play with each other, they had a great time.

The Sunday after the reunion I left Foster for the very first time EVER to go teach a cheerleading camp in Tulsa. Before I left, I cried everytime I thought about leaving him, it was so hard to actually get in the car and go. I worried about everything but as usual God prevailed and took care of us all. It turned out to be a blessing for all of us. Kit got some one on one bonding time with Foster and was able to do things the way he wanted (without my "advice"). Foster learned to sleep through the night (THANK YOU Kit) and was able to spend time with others.
As for me I was able to do something that I love and am good at, I really enjoy working with others kids of all ages and teaching them something that I am passionate about. Most of all I love building that close relationship with those few girls and sharing the love of Christ. At the end of the camp I am glad that they walk away having learned new skills but most of all I am glad that they left knowing Him. The camp was a well needed break and I was able to come back refreshed and refueled.

Once I returned Late Wednesday night I spent the next two days frantically packing for a week of vacation with my family in the Mountains. We left early Saturday morning and drove to the Cabin, we spent a few days there and then drove up to Denver and Colorado Springs. We had a blast, we went fishing, visited the zoo and aquarium and best of all, we visited the outlet mall. Foster and Charcey were such troopers, they did so well and kept up nicely. We returned home on Friday, I was sad to see the trip end.

I am currently working on posting pictures of all these escapades... please stay tuned!

4 comments:

Wade said...

Way to go Foster on sleeping through the night! (And nice job, Kit!). I bet Mommy and Daddy feel so refreshed!!!!

I enjoyed meeting you Foster...see you soon!

Wade

timmons said...

It was the greatest joy to see you and Chrcey have so much fun together...MeMe and Pops loved every minute of it...can't wait for the next trip together. MeMe loves Foster

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley, I am new to the blog thing, but I was reading yours and was thrilled to see all the pics and stories on it. Glad your trip away from home went well. I'm sure you were very worried and lonely, but it sounds like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the anonymous is me, Maile.